Celebrate naturally! These 3 inch birthday candles are colored with a plant-based dye and come in a cloth bag.
This small tea-size candle is about 2" in diameter and 1" tall. Colored with a plant based dye. Burn on a heat proof plate, coaster, or tea plate.
These taper candles will need a candle holder.
Burn on a heat proof plate, coaster, or tea plate.
We offer an amber glass votive holder for these candles. (Candles and glass are sold separately).
Tips for burning beeswax candles:
- Keep wicks trimmed to 1/4″ or less to prevent soot.
- To ensure your candle burns evenly without "tunneling", burn it long enough for the wax pool to reach the edges of the candle. This is usually about 1 hour depending on the size of the candle. After burning, you can gently press the soft wax edge in towards the wax pool.
- If your wax pool isn't centered in the candle, use a metal tool (like a straightened paper clip) to push the tilted wick to the opposite direction to correct uneven burning.
- Extinguish flame by pushing wick into melted wax pool with a metal tool (such as a straightened paper clip) to prevent smoke. Then stand the wick up again so it's ready for next time.
- Pure beeswax candles will develop a white coating over time which is called a "bloom". This is not a defect but can be polished away with a soft cloth if desired.