Time Saving Tip for Using Fresh Garlic
I'm really excited to share this video with you because this tip has saved me tons of time and makes cooking with garlic so much easier.
How To Make Your Own Minced Garlic in a Jar
- Peel the garlic cloves.
- Mince them in a small food processor.
- Place in a glass container.
- Add olive oil or avocado oil to completely cover the garlic.
- Date the container and store in the refrigerator.
Scoop out 1 teaspoon minced garlic and use in place of 1 fresh garlic clove.
- 5-6 oz garlic is the right amount to fill up a half-pint jelly jar.
- A silicone garlic peeler (the brown tube in the photo) makes the job of peeling garlic easier. Smashing it with a chef's knife also works.
- My jar of garlic has lasted a month in the refrigerator. I can use up the whole jar in that time. I would not recommend storing it longer than a month.